What can we do with kids in these blessed days of hajj?
- Create an ambiance of hajj with little bit decor (such as balloons, chart papers etc) because it will add value to the importance of these days in the sight of your child. The first rule is to be always do it yourself. When your own heart is in love with Allah and is eager to follow the sunnah, your children will follow your footsteps more than your advice.
3. Make good deeds chart. Discuss the acts which are good, make a list and add to the chart accordingly. Like we talked about being kind. Kindness is a good deed. We did an activity where i gave them cotton and a rough object and asked them tot ouch it with their hands. How does it feel? The cotton felt soft and the rough object was harsh. This is how kindness works. kind and nice work felt soft to someones heart while harsh and rude talks hurts the hearts of the listener.
4. Recite takbeer out loud. Mention about Hazrat Umar radi tallah unhu and his bravery. Mention his incident of reciting takbeer in market places.
3. Fast on the day of Arafa. Recite Takbeer. Talk to kids bapout Satan and his mischief and bad whispers. Read hum shaitan ko bhugayege nasheed. Kids find it so fun.
We have made a rhyme based on this Surah.
I am fi’l
I stomp my feet
I will go and destroy the Ka’bah
Abraha is my King
Abraha is my king
He ordered me to go and destroy the Ka’bah
Then what happened?
Allah sent the Ababeel up from the heaven
Each Ababeel had three pebbles
One is beak and two in claws
When Ababeel threw the pebbles
The mighty elephants laid on the ground
Abraha was sad to see
That all his mighty elephants
Are no longer good to go
This is how Allah saved His house
From the mischief of Abraha
Who ordered to destroy the Ka’bah
7. Give Charity. The deeds are beloved so maximize in whatever you can do. Feed any one or give Sadaqah. Let kids do it with their own hands.
8. Take care of animals and be gentle with them.
9. Watch Hajj live and talk about it. It is so fun and mesmerizing to watch it live. After you have done your hajj story board, kids will be ready to find and match real pictures of the places you have just covered. Make it fun and exciting by offering little presents for the one who answers the most.
10. Spend some time in dikhr. Ask them to recite Allah’s names.
You can free download the pictures from here and make your own story board in sha allah!