Lessons learnt from the story of prophet Ibrahim AS
1. Submit and put your trust in Allah and he will never let you down.
حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ
Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).”
(Quran 3: 173)
2. Dua is a believer’s weapon. Allah answered the dua of Ibrahim by granting him sons at very old age and when his wife was barren. Allah also gave status and reputation to Ibrahim as he asked.
3. Be a thinker like Ibrahim. He questioned his father, his people. He explored and was curious. As a parent never shun your kids for thri inquisitive and inquiring nature.
4. Blindly follow nothing. Don’t assume the acts of forefathers to be accurate. When in doubt ask those who are better knowledge. Learn till your heart is satisfied. Surah baqarah ayah 260
وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ رَبِّ أَرِنِي كَيْفَ تُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ ۖ قَالَ أَوَلَمْ تُؤْمِنْ ۖ قَالَ بَلَىٰ وَلَٰكِنْ لِيَطْمَئِنَّ قَلْبِي ۖ قَالَ فَخُذْ أَرْبَعَةً مِنَ الطَّيْرِ فَصُرْهُنَّ إِلَيْكَ ثُمَّ اجْعَلْ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ جَبَلٍ مِنْهُنَّ جُزْءًا ثُمَّ ادْعُهُنَّ يَأْتِينَكَ سَعْيًا ۚ وَاعْلَمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِي
And [mention] when Abraham said, “My Lord, show me how You give life to the dead.” [ Allah ] said, “Have you not believed?” He said, “Yes, but [I ask] only that my heart may be satisfied.” [ Allah ] said, “Take four birds and commit them to yourself. Then [after slaughtering them] put on each hill a portion of them; then call them – they will come [flying] to you in haste. And know that Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.”
5. We must not blame situation and environment for your bad actions. Take charge and learn from the life and struggles of Ibrahim
6. Don’t be scared of trials and tribulations. They are a means of purifying your soul and raising your eemaan. A sign that Allah loves you
7. Allah chose you to be part of this ummah. And thus we must strive to do justice in our religious struggle. When Allah made throwing into fire, attempt to slaughter own child easy for Ibrahim. He can surely aid us in our not so much difficult matters in comparison to Ibrahim.
وَجَاهِدُوا فِي اللَّهِ حَقَّ جِهَادِهِ ۚ هُوَ اجْتَبَاكُمْ وَمَا جَعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ مِنْ حَرَجٍ ۚ مِلَّةَ أَبِيكُمْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ۚ هُوَ سَمَّاكُمُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ مِنْ قَبْلُ وَفِي هَٰذَا لِيَكُونَ الرَّسُولُ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْكُمْ وَتَكُونُوا شُهَدَاءَ عَلَى النَّاسِ ۚ فَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِاللَّهِ هُوَ مَوْلَاكُمْ ۖ فَنِعْمَ الْمَوْلَىٰ وَنِعْمَ النَّصِيرُ
And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you “Muslims” before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakat and hold fast to Allah. He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper. (Surah hajj, 78)
8. Make Allah your top most love and rest will fall into place.
9. This surah tells us what to do to com ein the list of those whom allah take as a firend.
وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ دِينًا مِّمَّنْ أَسْلَمَ وَجْهَهُ لله وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌ واتَّبَعَ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَاتَّخَذَ
Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend.’